sábado, 8 de setembro de 2012

US Open: Victoria Azarenka ready for Serena Williams

Victoria Azarenka


Victoria Azarenka believes her poor record against Serena Williams will have no impact when the pair meet in Sunday's US Open final (00:05 BST).
Williams has beaten Azarenka in nine of their 10 matches, including a 6-1 6-2 thrashing in the Olympics last month.

Head-to-head record

AzarenkaWilliams
0 wins
Grand Slam matches
6 wins
0 wins
Olympics matches
1 win
1 win
Other matches
2 wins
1 win
Total
9 wins
Azarenka said: "Of course I'm not going to go on court thinking 'I wish I could win more games than last time'.
"I always go to win a match and do the best I can. The result will depend on how I play and how my opponent plays."
She added: "I've got to do something different as the other times did not work for me.
"I have to make sure I'm the one who dictates the play and controls the match as much as possible."
Belarusian Azarenka, the world number one and top seed at Flushing Meadow, moved into her first US Open final when she came from behind to defeat Russia's Maria Sharapova 3-6 6-2 6-4 in the semi-final.
Williams, seeded fourth, has only lost once in 26 matches since being beaten in the first round of the French Open in May.
Victory on Sunday will give the American her fourth US Open championship and her 15th Grand Slam title.

Source: British Broadcasting Corporation

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário